- Deutsche Version: hier klicken
izi-io is our series of Open Source Hardware modules. These are powerful multi-I/O edge computing controllers with LoRaWAN radio connection. They enable the connection of existing systems, especially in industrial environments, to modern IoT infrastructure. Thanks to the powerful processor and simple configuration preprocessing functions, protocol conversions, and local automation functions can be implemented quickly and in a flexible way.
The first model is izi-io 4840. Its main features are:
- Eight individually software-configurable inputs for digital and analog process signals or RTD temperature sensors, including 4..20 mA input.
- Four digital outputs for flexible coupling of sensors and actuators.
- RS232, RS485, and CAN interfaces for industrial bus protocols, e.g. Modbus.
- Readily available pre-configured setups for several applications, customizable.
- Extensive configuration system for flexible setup and configuration management, supported by izinto tooling, with automatic documentation and payload decoder generation.
- Integrated Soft-PLC function, graphically programmable for preprocessing measurement data and for local control tasks (external software tool needed, available separately).
- LoRaWAN radio interface for simple wireless connection, even over long distances and remote sites of operation.
- microSD card slot for configuration, recording measurement data, and software updates.
- IP20 housing with top hat rail mounting for installation in the control cabinet.
- Robust circuit design, developed for industrial environments.
- Individual connection on the server side.
- Fair and future-proof:
- no vendor lock-in,
- no cloud requirement.
- izi-io is an open source hardware product.
- Longevity by design, no planned obsolescence.
Details see datasheet